is the coating system which is incorporated in the 2 step patented process of the application of StreetPrint™. StreetBond surfacing system used with StreetPrint to color and fortify the surface. When cured, StreetBond is an Interpenetrating Network which means that, like composite materials or alloys, it is able to produce properties that significantly exceed those of a single component system.
StreetBond combines polymer and cement technologies to achieve an exceptional combination of durability, curing characteristics, performance properties and natural appearance, they contain no harsh chemical solvents to harm the environment or people. Asphalt coated with StreetBond™ is fully recyclable. Most water based coatings are susceptible to accelerated wear under wet conditions. StreetBond™ coatings contain cross linked epoxy modified acrylic polymers that give them a precise balance of hardness and flexibility even under wet conditions.
Frequently StreetBond™ is specified to be used on its own on “plain” asphalt or concrete for both new projects and also the rejuvenations of oxidised or delaminating coatings. It is also ideal for applications such as bike lanes and bus lanes creating highly visible “corridors” separating various road users and enhancing safety.
Performance Driven Design
With nearly 20 years of experience in specialized asphalt coating development, StreetBond advanced coatings for asphalt have clearly proven themselves in a variety of conditions in over 40 countries around the world.
High performance coatings for asphalt must be specially formulated. On one hand they must be flexible enough to move with the asphalt but hard enough to withstand heavy wear; too hard they risk cracking; too flexible, they risk prematurely wearing; too smooth they risk being dangerously slippery.
StreetBond advanced coatings for asphalt adhere permanently to asphalt surfaces and have been developed with balanced performance characteristics in mind, ensuring quality results and enduring beauty for your projects.
StreetBond makes economic sense. Fast and efficient installation means you invest less up front. Plus StreetBond creates durable, low-maintenance surface that translate into savings in the long term. Creating more than beautiful and practical colored asphalt surfaces – StreetBond actually protects and extends the life of the pavement as well!
- Unlike most asphalt coatings, StreetBond coatings work with the normal expansion and contraction of asphalt surfaces and will not peel, delaminate or shrink-crack (when installed as per Quest Construction Products’ installation specifications).
- StreetBond coatings are tough enough to withstand traffic wear, highly resistant to water damage and have superior adhesion characteristics that outperform other decorative asphalt coating products.
- StreetBond coatings helps contribute to a healthy environment. They are nontoxic, fully recyclable and water-based. They have very low volatile organic content (VOC), meeting Southern California Air Quality Management District regulations (SCAQMD), the most stringent environmental air pollution regulations in the U.S.
- StreetBond coatings are resistant to damage and deterioration when exposed to fuel, engine oil and deicing agents.
- StreetBond coatings incorporate UV stable pigments that are fade-resistant when exposed to harsh sunlight.
- StreetBond coatings have excellent friction properties resulting in safe slip and skid resistant colored asphalt surfaces that exceed all government regulated vehicle skid resistance requirements.